Saturday, September 22, 2007

Urbanites turned Farmers

Hi Folks! Missed us? Nah...didn't think so...hahaha...probably none of u even think we were gone...albeit only for one nite...but still...

We finally went up the the PIL's farmhouse in York (97kms outside of Perth Metro) on Saturday for an overnite stay... "long-awaited" in my PIL's view...but not for me...:P
"Are we there yet?"

I will admit right away that i wasn't so enthusiastic abt going...but yes, we HAVE to go some day...so why not now?I was really going to try to enjoy myself...i swear!


It's a beautiful place, granted...fruit orchards at the back and fields of wildflowers everywhere...but i cldn't possibly stay for more than one nite...for many reasons that shall not be mentioned here...let me just say, it's not simply becoz i am being a prima-donna when it comes to holiday accommodation...

Some of the activities that the urban farmer couldn't resist....


"I'm a lean, mean, grass-cutting machine!"


"A farmer believes in self-sustenance"


" Breath-taking sunset....A lovely end to an excellent day "


The happiest camper the entire time was probably Shiro...running happily (read: madly) amongst the tall grasses and wildflower fields...chasing bugs and sniffing at grass-seeds...

This was him at the end of the nite.....

The poor dog simply couldn't move...no matter how much u prodded or called out to him...



" Missing York already... "


Really thanks but no thanks...next time Mere can take Shiro up there alone...I think I am comfortable remaining an urbanite.....

No comments: