Friday, July 3, 2009

The Long Overdue Post (Sorry Dana!)

My excuse: Busy studying last semester lah!

Anyhows, I got to say, I am still very touched by the fact that Dana made up her mind pretty quickly when I asked if she would come spend Easter with me. I honestly was just talking cock and you know me, I can be really whingy - I moaned that I virtually get no vistors and I miss everyone...less than a week later, our dear friend got herself booked onto a flight. (PS: I need more friends who can make up their mind like that)
It may not seem like a big deal to some, but this was the first time Dana had to travel on her own. It was a very harrowing experience for her indeed with taxi booking miscomms, gusty winds and rain, a lugguage with a noisy wheel and (!) the failure to obtain an Australian visa. We are lucky to have had Jelly save the day...otherwise, I think Dana would have been scarred for life and will never talk to me again for convincing her to come visit me. Ha!

I'm just glad she got here in one piece, noisy luggage and all. :)

Lovely day at King's Park

Everybody knows my activities pretty much revolve around food...that does explain how fat I am these days. The following is a snapshot of our lunch at Elmars'...don't worry, everything was shared amongst the 3 of us...



Pork Knuckle and my favourite Sauerkraut

Yummy tasting plate with various sausages, hams, cheese and dips

The photos don't do the food justice man...this swan valley restaurant is totally recommended (by me of course)...best to go with at least 4 other friends....

The other foodie thing we did was to cook mee siam one night. The lucky girl even scored a double-yolked egg!

please ignore the mess behind Dana...I'm not a very good housekeeper...hahaha....I believe we stayed in another night coz she wanted to try the instant mee-sua she found at a Perth Chinese grocery store...funny girl bought a shit-load of the instant mee-sua back to Singapore only to discover the local Shop n Save has them as well...

I was a little sad that her trip lasted only 4 days. But at least during that period she exprienced her first fishing trip, even though the massive pelican got fed while we went home with nothing. We also watched Keane play at Metro Freo...awesome gig...glad I got to hear my song live! Only regret was that we didn't stay till the end and there were no photos! Boy were they cute...

.......

Here's to great fun with a very dear friend and hope Meredith and I will have better guests sleeping arrangements when we finally get the house built!



No comments: